Thursday, April 30, 2009

BsleepUingS (sleeping in bus??)


in rain....


over mountains....


Slowly does it....

and over bridges....

Hours and hours on the road all the way from the south to the north of Vietnam (Ho Chi Min) to (Hanoi). A couple of days stop in Hoi An, one of Rita’s favourite towns.


Sleeper buses are an awesome experience. Only one snag, there is only one bunk in each bus that can actually accommodate tall foreigners. Korean built, the bus is a ‘double-decker sleeper’, it has two doors, one up front and one in the middle, the bed just above the door is longer due to the space needed for the door below. I got it every time, pretty amazing taking into account they don’t allow pre-seat booking. Yes I know HE did it just for me, I am not sure I would have survived letting my legs hang over edge all the way.


A major feature of these buses is they seldom go over 70kms an hour. When up front for about 20mins, while taking these pictures, we never once even went over 40. It’s either the traffic in town or the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment